Wednesday, April 21

Le Creuset and Handy Spice Shelf

Remember when I won a Le Creuset baking set from broken*saucer? I made delicious cornbread in the large one tonight:
And for dinner we had organic whole wheat penne with spaghetti sauce, chunks of asiago, corn, and cornbread. I served mine on a plate my mom made:

And this was my handy-woman project yesterday. I got so tired of my spice bags all shoved together in this towel rack thing I have, so I found a dirty piece of wood in our lumber yard, some hemp string, a couple of nails and voila! I'm so proud of myself.

And my teas, sugar jar, and the brown tin on the left holds kosher salt ~ mainly used for edamame sit on my unclean stove.
My husband who is a contractor/builder extrordinaire was impressed with my ingenuity but hates my design.  He'll just have to deal with it.

4 comments:

  1. I nearly came over for dinner last night!LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man where was my invite for the cornbread?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's wrong with the design? That looks very similar to what I have above my stove!!
    and I'm glad you're enjoying the bakeware. I just love it!

    ReplyDelete